Just because your summer vacations are coming to an end, doesn’t mean your self-care should. Take a mini-vacation to enhance your energy, calm and focus. Because the best way to increase your impact and productivity this autumn is to slow. right. down. And Swami Mukti will show you how…
Saturday, 21th September
10.00 – 12.30 Workshop – The Power of the Breath
According to the ancient science of yoga, the breath is much more than a mere exchange of oxygen and carbon dioxide. In this very moment the quality of your breath is determining the quality of your life. The way you breathe reveals who you are and behave as a person. Changing your breathing patterns is a powerful vehicle to transform your mental and emotional patterns.
- Learn to manipulate your breath by experiencing it’s length, volume, temperature and sound.
- Expand your awareness and discover a deeper reality by paying attention to the subtle aspects of your breath.
- Improve your health, equanimity and focus in everyday life.
14.00 – 17.00 Workshop – The Art of Resting with Yoga Nidra
Yoga Nidra is the fastest way to slow down and power up. Practising 30min of Yoga Nidra, the “conscious sleep” is equivalent to two hours of deep sleep which leaves you feeling deeply refreshed. This effect is due to a series of brain-wave changes experienced during the practice, activating the relaxation response. This mini-vacation offers plenty of benefits, including:
- Effectively unplug from the world.
- Revitalize your nervous system.
- Systematically dissolve physical, mental and emotional tensions.
- Balance hormones and improve your mood.
- Boost your creativity, awareness and focus.
- Change your life from the inside out.
Rest more efficiently by recharging every cell of your body.
Sunday, 22nd September
10.00 – 13.00 Workshop – Work Restfully
Office worker meditating on the floor, rear view
If your downward-facing dog makes you feel zen for the moment, but the next morning email@example.com is back in your inbox — it’s time to take yoga off the mat and into the office. Explore the attributes of meditation in action and what it means to develop a flexible mind in front of your daily activities.
Learn to wipe your mental space clean on a daily basis with the highly effective meditation system of Inner Silence – an effective antidote to fear, stress and tension. If practised regularly it will help you create space between YOU and your mind, and move towards a deep sense of contentment. Developing a mental filter system will allow you to grow with the challenges of life.
This is for you if…
- You wish you could take the edge off more often (other than with that glass of wine).
- You are tired of feeling tired.
- You’d love to be less nervous at dinner parties and events.
- Your life feels like a never-ending to-do list.
- You want to be calmer, but end up fighting over the same things with your partner.
Nieuwe Gracht 86 zw
2011 NK Haarlem
€ 45 Per workshop
€ 80 Book 2 workshops of your choice and receive € 10 discount
€ 110 Full course
(prices inclusive 21% BTW)
Swami Mukti is an international speaker and author of ‘The Forgotten Gurus’. He received direct training whilst living in India for 16 years and has been based in New Zealand since 1996, when he co-founded the Anahata Yoga Retreat. Swami Mukti continues to teach and travel the globe as the director of Light Mind, facilitating retreats on meditation and mind-management. With 40 years of living and sharing yoga, he marries ancient wisdom with simplicity, humour and practicality for today’s world. For more information visit: www.light-mind.org
We are looking forward to greeting you on one of our workshops.
Swami Mukti & Eshter van der Sande